The AFS-TRX Metabolic Circuit

Gym In A Bag. Free Gift with Purchase. Shop Now. TRX Fitness Anywhere


The TRX is is by far one of the most versatile pieces of workout equipment that I have personally ever used. I usually do any where between 3-4 different exercises with 100 jump rope reps in between each exercise set. Here is an example of a routine I would do This is what I refer to as one of my AFS-TRX Metabolic Circuits:

Warm up:
5 x 100 jump rope reps
Light stretching using the TRX to stretch upper body and torso twists.

The Workout:
(No rest in between)
15-20 Atomic Push-ups
100 jump rope jumps
Single legged squats 10-12 each leg
100 jump rope jumps
Tricep extensions, bicep curls, or inverted rows 10-15reps
100 jump rope jumps
**This completes one circuit. Take 1-3 minute rest. Recover before starting the next circuit. Complete 3-4 circuits for an ultimate workout. Keep the core contracted during all exercises including the jump roping.
For the hardcore fitness nuts you can add the incline press in the hand stand position.

Cool down:
5 x 100 reps of jump rope at moderate pace
jog or walk a mile then perform static stretching. Note...the TRX is excellent for stretching as well.
Check out this video clip of the TRX in action.

I will be doing more posts about the TRX because it has now become a main staple in my workout arsenal.  Especially great for someone who travels ALL the time like myself. Just give my jump rope and my TRX and I can workout ANYWHERE.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...