Stainless steel water bottles to replace plastic

It is WAAYYY too nice for me to be inside working today, but alas I am. I have one last weekend of internship homework to complete before I'm done FOR-EVER! Yay!

I did manage to get in a good, yet short, mountain bike ride this morning, but now I'm back at the grind.

In any matter: in relation to my previous posts about the nastiness of plastic water bottles, there are a few people wondering what they should use instead.

Pictured here is one of my favorite options: Kleen Kanteen water bottles. I have a few of these bottles, so I'm always with protected water. This company is just awesome, not just because they make these stainless steel water bottles, but because they are so eco-friendly and wonderful. Check out this quote for example, from their website:

"In addition to including environmental and fair labor consciousness in our business practices, we partner with local, national, and international organizations to support efforts toward health, clean drinking water, and protecting the environment. In 2008, Klean Kanteen became a member of 1% for the Planet, committing to donation of at least 1% of our annual sales to non-profits working to protect and promote the wellness of this one great Earth."

To ensure your tap water is safe, you can/should invest a bit of your money into a total home purification system. It's not just your drinking water that can be an issue, but the water you shower in can be problematic too. A whole home water filter is your best bet. That way you can ensure all the water in your house is safe

Here's a great article by John Hinds at www.thefreewaterreport.com about home water purification systems:


Another thing you can do to save $$ on your water bills, is to use grey water (or gray water if you're Canadian) in your toilet and to water your lawn, etc. Rather than flushing perfectly good water down the drain, you can use recycled water to do the trick.

Here's an example of a Grey/Gray Water System from treehugger.com:



Have wonderful weekend! I'm going back out in the sun after I get a bit more work done! Yay!

Happy Summer! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...