HAM ROLL-UPS WITH HUMMUS

I love ham roll-ups as a fun and quick snack to fit between my meals. I had to tweak my original version of ham roll-ups to fit my diet and I came up with these. I love making these ahead of time and taking them with me on the go. They're easy to handle and store great in a small Tupperware. Also too, my kids love them. And I've got the pickiest eaters in the world, so the fact that they'll eat this protein packed snack is a huge bonus for me!


Here's all the ingredients you need, except for Worcestershire Sauce. I forgot to throw that in the picture. Whoops!

HAM ROLL-UPS WITH HUMMUS
Servings: 1 {makes 2 ham roll-ups}


Ingredients
4 Slices of Land O' Frost Premium Smoked Ham
1 TBS Sabra Roasted Pepper Hummus
1/2 tsp Worcestershire
1 TBS Fat-Free Cream Cheese
1 Claussen Pickle Spear

Directions
Mix together your hummus, cream cheese and Worcestershire sauce till smooth and creamy. Cut your pickle spear lengthwise so that you have 2 long pickle spears. Take 1 slice of ham and spread 1/2 TBS of hummus mixture on top. Layer with 1 piece of ham and spread another 1/2 TBS of hummus on top of that. Place 1/2 pickle spear on top and roll up your ham. Do the same for the second piece. Enjoy!



TIP
I'm not a big fan of deli meats. They're loaded with nitrates which has been linked to causing cancer. Nitrates are used so that the meat can stay fresher longer in the package. I know, kind of gross right? That's why, if you're incorporating deli meats in your diet, do it sparingly. Or you can find deli meats with no nitrates. They're a little more expensive and they only last about one week or less in the fridge. Sometimes these are hard to find, but they are out there!

Nutrition Facts: 1 Serving = 2 Ham Roll-Ups
Calories: 175
Fats: 9g
Carbs: 5.5g
Protein: 21g
Fiber: .5g
Sugar: 3.5g






Netrition -
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...